Monday, December 20, 2010

Who am I kidding?

Homemade pasta, my first time ever
Homemade Pasta

Chicken Alfredo with scratch made linguine
Chicken Alfredo

Scratch made veal raviolis with a basil cream sauce
Scratch Made Veal Raviolis

I am not going to lie I have been having blog withdrawls. Don't think for a second I have stopped cooking because that couldn't be more false. For the past few months I have been blogging almost daily with recipes that I would make during the week. Now I didn't really realize how much I truly enjoyed until I took a break from it. I am jonesing for it you guys. So I might not be blogging as much as I used to but the recipes will keep coming. Basically it will be things I haven't made before or modifications of previous recipes. Also if you think about something that you would like me to make then send me an email or leave me a comment. I am always open to trying new things so send me ideas.

That being said I got some new toys in my arsenal thanks to my awesome friends and family. For my birthday I got a Le Creuset enameled French Oven (same as a dutch oven only porcelan lined) like this one. Let me tell you this thing is amazing. You get such rich flavors from it and you can just throw it in the oven and braise something forever. Seriously the nicest pan I have ever owned and I asbolutely love it. The seond piece of hardware I received was a pasta roller like this one here. Now I have always wanted to make pasta but didn't have this tool but now I do and let me tell you it's worth the extra effort. The pasta you end up with is so delicate and delicious it's crazy.

So Merry Christmas everyone I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season. I am going to keep writing the recipes and taking pictures so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment