Monday, October 18, 2010
Christian's BBQ Dry Rub
This is a rehash of an older post but I have made some changes to my rub so here it is. I uses this on all things I smoke on the bbq in one form or another. It's also good to just season anything with and throw on the grill. This stuff is good on fries as well like a seasoning.
The best places I have found to buy large quantities of spices is Cash and Carry and Costco. They usually have the bigger portions of these spices ready to go. Also turbinado sugar is Sugar in the Raw but you can use brown or white if you like. If you have any questions please let me know.
- 1 Cup Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Cup Pepper (preferably course ground)
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Garlic
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar or Turbinado Sugar (sugar in the raw)
- 1/4 Cup Paprika
- 1/4 Cup Onion Powder
- 1/4 Cup Chili Powder
- 1/4 Cup Cumin
- 2 tablespoosn Ground Mustard (the Asian stuff is the best)
- 2 tablespoons- Oregano
- 2 tablespoons- Celery Seed
- 2 tablespoons- Ground Ginger
- 1 - 3 tablespoons Cayenne Pepper (depending on how hot you like it)
- 2 tablespoon Ground Coriander
- 1 tablespoon Ground Tumeric
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Store in old spice containers for up to 6 months.
Posted by Christian and Kishelle Linenko at 9:36 PM