Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Chicken Alfredo

Chicken Alfredo

This is a dish that I have been working on for a while. I have tried a hundred different things and have had some pretty good results. Last night I remembered as I was on my way home from work, that my old boss used to put marscapone (fancy cream cheese) in his sauce. I thought to myself, self, that might take yours to the next level. So I went to the store on the way home and picked up half a pound of it and took it home to cook it all up.

Let me tell you that it was the best one I have ever made period. It tastes just like something you would get in a restaurant. I am serious, I had to take a step back to reflect on what was in my cast iron skillet. You need to try this I am being super cereal.

Now you can modify this in a hundred different ways. I have taken the chicken and seasoned it with cajun blackening seasoning and added sun dried tomatoes to make it a Cajun Alfredo. I have added roasted garlic to make it Roasted Garlic Alfredo. There are tons of ways to church this up. Even try using Marscapone it's really good.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Ingredients
- 4 chicken boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup (1 cube) butter
- 2 cups half and half
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 pounds fettuccine noodles

The Process
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Take a cast iron skillet and heat the olive oil up over medium heat. Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and the garlic powder. When the oil is hot place the chicken breast in the skillet and cook until the side down turns golden brown about 4 minutes. Flip chickens over and cook for an additional 4 minutes then place in the oven to finish about 7 - 8 minutes. Start boiling the water.
2. Remove the pan from the oven and place the chicken breasts on a plate and cover in foil. Add the noodles to the water which is hopefully boiling by now. Add the butter to the pan that you just removed the chicken pieces from over medium heat. When the butter is melted add the garlic and shallots and saute for about 1 minute. Add the half and half and cream cheese and, using a whisk, mix until it's all melted. Then add the Parmesan cheese in small batches making sure that it's all mixed in and melted before you add any more. Do this until it's all melted then reduce the heat to low.
3. Strain your noodles and return your noodles to the pan with half of the sauce you just made over medium heat. Stir well to combine then turn off heat.
4. To plate add a good scoop of cheesy noodles to the center. Then slice the chicken and place on top of the noodles then cover with more Alfredo sauce. Garnish with parsley if desired.
5. Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. I was a bit nervous to make this since my last alfredo attempt was awful.....the milk & cheese separated. This turned out delicious & was really easy, although I added more salt than usual & red pepper flakes, so next time, I will try the cajun spices to have more flavor! Very good & creamy!
    Thanks Christian!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete