Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Manicotti

Manicotti All Done

Manicotti Pre-Roll
Props to my wife for taking this shot.

So if you didn't know I got a pasta maker for my birthday so I have been making pasta like it's going out of style. However it's essentially been linguine and ravioli that's been concocted in my kitchen only. Then I saw something on Man vs. Food a couple of days ago where this dude took pasta sheets, cut them into squares and rolled a cheese filling into them essentially making manicotti. I immediately decided I am making these on Sunday. Hope you like them I know I did this filling was incredible.

Kitchen Notes
* You can use whatever kind of sauce you like I decided to use my bolognese which you can find here but use whatever you like.
* If you don't have access to fresh pasta just use the premade ones you can get at the store. Cook them according to the package instructions and fill them with the filling.
* If you are using fresh pasta don't worry about using the fresh pasta, it will cook in the sauce.

Ingredients
- 12 6 X 4 fresh pasta sheets I use the recipe that came with my pasta maker
- 1 15 ounce package of ricotta
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded mozaralla cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups pasta sauce mine is above

The Process
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Combine the ricotta, parmesan, eggs, mozarella, basil and salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well. Take your pasta sheets and lay on a floured counter top. Divvy up the cheese mixture between the sheets then roll them up.
2. Take a large casserole dish and spray with pam then add a layer of your choice of sauce. Then place the manicotti's to the dish then cover with the rest of the sauce. Bake for 30 - 40 minutes or until you see bubbles coming from the center of the dish. Remove from the oven and dish up.
3. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment