Monday, November 29, 2010

Turkey Balls

Turkey Balls

So do you have some leftover Thanksgiving and you are tired of turkey sandwiches? Then this if for you. I am being serious when I say that the person I saw make this on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives was a pure genius. When I open a restaurant these will be on the menu for an appetizer for sure. This is one of the best things I have ever eaten and will be making it again next time I have turkey dinner leftovers. Now I didn't really measure anything so I am going to do it by parts. What I mean by that is 2 parts, this to one parts this so just use what you have. You really want it to be mostly mashed potatoes, mostly. Let me know if you have any questions

Ingredients
- 2 parts potatoes to...
- 1/2 part turkey shredded
- 1/2 part stuffing
- oil for frying (I used peanut)
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs beaten
- leftover cranberry sauce and gravy for dipping

The Process
1. Combine the mashed potatoes, turkey and dressing/stuffing in a bowl using a spoon. Then using your hand roll them into balls about the size of a golf ball. Do this for the entire bowl. Then roll in eggs then into the bread crumbs and place on a plate.
2. Heat enough oil in a pot or deep fryer making sure there will be enough to cover the balls entirely. Drop the balls in and cook until the are deep golden brown.
3. Serve with leftover dipping sauces of your choice.
4. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment