Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Leftover Prime Rib Sandwiches and Bacon Mac N' Cheese
If you are like me you had a ton of leftovers from thanksgiving and one of those is prime rib them you should be making this. It's super easy and super quick and now you can use your leftovers so you don't have to waste them. You can put in whatever veggies you like like onions, peppers, jalapenos and cover in whatever kind if sauce you like. Now this recipe for mac and cheese is to die for. You can use whatever kind of noodles you like but I recommend shells because they seem to hold in some considerable amount of cheesy goodness. This also makes quit a bit so if you are not expecting a crowd then cut it in half. If you have any questions please let me know.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/2 pound mushrooms sliced
- a pound or two of leftover prime rib sliced very thin
- 4 kasier rolls
- sliced cheese (I used pepper jack)
- some sort of sauce like horseradish or A1 (optional)
1. In a large cast iron skillet heat oil over medium high heat and add the onions and mushrooms and cook until they are nice and reduced and caramelized. Then add the sliced prime rib and stir to combine.
2. Set your oven to broil on high heat then on a cookie sheet add your rolls cut side up on it. Then cover your rolls with the sliced cheese and place in the oven until the cheese is melted.
3. Remove your rolls and fill with the meat and veggies then cover the optional sauce. Serve with Mac N Cheese.
Mac N' Cheese
- 1 pound of bacon, thin sliced
- 1 pound noodles (I used small shells)
- 1/2 cup butter plus 2 tablespoons
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 4 cups shredded cheese (I used the Mexican blend)
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Boil the noodles according to the package directions until al dente. Also cook the bacon until it's crispy then drain off the fat and set aside until ready to use. While the noodles are cooking start your cheese sauce.
2. In a large non stick pot add 1 stick of the butter over medium heat and melt. Then add the garlic and cook for about a minute then slowly whisk in the flour. Cook for a minute or until the rough gets some color to it. Then stir in the milk slowly and bring to a simmer. Add 3 cups of the cheese in small batches and stir until it melts.
3. Stir in the cooked noodles and the bacon until it's mixed well then season with salt and pepper. Add to a large casserole dish then cover with the remaining one cup of cheese. In a bowl melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter then stir in the bread crumbs then cover the mac and cheese with it.
4. Place immediately in the oven and cook until you see it bubbling in the center about 10 minutes. Then switch the oven to broil and crisp up those bread crumbs. Remove from oven.
Posted by Christian and Kishelle Linenko at 8:54 PM