Friday, February 25, 2011
Now I know what you are thinking, what is grilled pasta. I didn't actually grill the pasta but everything else that went with the pasta was grilled, thus the name. I didn't really have a recipe I was just winging it but it turned out really good. The sausage was tender, the veggies were sweet because of the grilling and it all went really awesomely with the pasta. I love the flavor you get from grilling and it accented this dish perfectly. I hope you all like it. If you have any questions please let me know.
* You can use whatever kind of noodles you like. I used rotelle because that's what I had.
* You can use whatever kind of sausage you like as well just make sure they're the big ones not the little breakfast ones.
* For the veggies, you want them big enough so they don't fall through the grill, we will slice them after then come off the heat.
* Makes 4 servings.
- 5 to 6 sausages
- 1 large onion, sliced (think onion rings but don't take them apart)
- 1 red pepper, scored and seeded then cut into quarters
- 1 yellow pepper, scored and seeded then cut into quarters
- Olive oil
- 1 pound pasta
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- Kosher salt and pepper
1. Heat your grill to high heat. Cover your veggies with the oil and when your grill is hot, add them to the grill along with the sausages. Cook until the sausages are done and the veggies have grill marks on both sides. Remove from heat.
2. While your veggies and sausages grill, cook the pasta. When they are done, slice the onion and peppers into strips and cut the sausages into bite sized pieces.
3. When the pasta is done, drain then return to the pan over medium high heat. Add the cut veggies and sausages then hit it with the wine. Cook until the wine evaporates then add the half and half and parmesan and stir until thickened. Turn off heat then season with salt and pepper.
Posted by Christian and Kishelle Linenko at 11:36 AM