Thursday, July 21, 2011
I know what you're thinking, how can you take a generally bland vegetable and turn it into something as delicious as alfredo? Well it's easy my friends and it is delicious, very. The firs time I made it I was kind of blown away by how it turned out not to mention how simple it was. I have put cauliflower in mashed potatoes before and it was killer so why wouldn't this work? Well it does and it's amazing. So give this a shot and let me know what you think.
* Feel free to use whatever noodles you have on hand they are all good. I just happened to have some tri color pasta around so that's what I used.
* Serve with 4 grilled chicken breasts to make it into a meal.
* I used fat free half and half and it turned out really well.
* Makes 4 servings.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon minced rosemary
- 1 head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 pound pasta
- salt and peppter
1. In a skillet with a lid, add the oil, butter and heat until melted over medium high heat. Add the garlic and rosemary and stir to combine for about 30 seconds. Add the cauliflower and stir again to coat in the garlic and rosemary. Add the wine and let reduce for about 5 minutes. Add the chicken stock and stir everything together. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Cover skillet and turn heat down to medium and cook minutes stirring occasionally, for 20 minuted or until most of the liquid is evaporated. The cauliflower should be fork tender. In another pot start the water for the pasta.
3. When the water boils add the noodles. In a blender or food processor add the cauliflower mixture along with any liquid that's left. Add the half and half and the parmesan cheese. Puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper if necessary. Drain the noodles.
4. Return the drained noodles to the pot you just boiled them in along with the contents of your blender/food processor over medium heat and stir well until everything is mixed together. Cook for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Serve and ENJOY!
Posted by Christian and Kishelle Linenko at 7:30 AM