Monday, September 20, 2010
This is one of my favorite all time dishes to order from an Italian restaurant. The mushrooms, the wine, the accompanying pasta it's all so good. It's crazy easy to make too, I'm serious. So simple, so good. Just make it. If you have any questions please feel free to email me.
- 4 chicken breasts, filleted into 2 pieces
- Salt and Pepper
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 pound of button mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 2 cups good chicken stock
- 1/4 cup cream
1. Heat 4 tablespoons of butter in a large saute pan over medium heat. Take the chicken pieces and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place flour in a flat dish and dredge the chicken in it. Shake off excess flour and set aside.
2. When butter is melted add your dredged chicken and cook until both sides are golden brown about 4 - 5 minutes per side. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
3. In same pan add the mushrooms and sauté until the mushrooms have released all their liquid about 8 minutes.
4. Add the wine and scrape all the little pieces off the bottom of the pan. Simmer until liquid has reduced by half. Add the chicken stock, remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and cream. Season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
5. When the sauce is boiling reduce the heat to medium low and return the chicken to the pan making sure all the chicken pieces are submerged in sauce. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Remove pan from heat. Add precooked pasta to your plate, then take 2 pieces of chicken and set on the noodles. Ladle the sauce over the noodles. Garnish with parmesan cheese.
Posted by Christian and Kishelle Linenko at 7:52 PM